This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning...
Beautiful doesn't even touch it. I went for a run that morning and there is nothing like running in the snow. The wind was still and there was nothing but silence. What a sight. We enjoyed the snow until about 3 pm when it stopped. This was a good first snow, in December to really get you in the Christmas spirit.
Speaking of...when I got back, the children were eating breakfast but itching to get out in the snow. After putting Ward down, the girls suited up for some time on the back deck. It is worth noting that Evie was so excited to get out in the snow that she only has the "essentials" on under her snowsuit. She dressed herself.
Drew, Dustin, and Kevin went hunting thinking they could rouse some deer. No luck, unfortunately, but after getting myself a shower and the girls properly dressed, we headed out in the front yard to frolic. This year MF decided she was brave and was running around in the snow and playing "snowfight" with Evie. Yes, even the simplest things in our house end up with a name.
The Ward boy joined us on his first outing in the snow as well. He liked it but preferred to be held as I think he wasn't sure if he could stand up with all the layers. :) Love that coat, too, don't ya? Our friends, the Rowan's, let us borrow it as Candace just said she could see Ward in it. Looks like he's ready to rope some cattle, huh? Thanks, Candace!
After enjoying the snow and some naps we headed up to the Petrey's to watch ASU play Richmond. Winston and Karen went to the game so Molly invited us, the Dustin Petrey's, and some of her friends over. We had a WONDERFUL time as her friends are quite the football fans and fun to be around and enjoyed some yummy meatball subs Molly cooked up. I took the kiddos home at halftime so we could be rested for Sunday and listened to one of the most exciting games I have ever heard. App State prevailed to go to the semifinals this weekend after not leading the game until 4:27 left in the 4th, then having Richmond strip the ball on a kickoff return and run it in for a touchdown to take back the lead, and then scoring with less than 3 minutes left. Montana, here we come!Yesterday was a great day at church. We sure do miss our fellowship when we're gone as we were last week. Last night we went to hear Mount Vernon's Christmas Choir Program (with Karen and Molly singing) and it was fantastic. There was some beautiful music and arrangements. This will be a busy week so we're trying to keep it as low key here during the day as possible. I told Drew this morning that I think the "pregnancy fatigue" is already starting as it was really hard to rouse myself this morning. No nausea yet but I'm sure it will come (I took advantage of Ginger Ale on sale at the grocery store Saturday). I am thankful, though, as I know that as unpleasant as this fatigue and upcoming nausea are they mean that I am still pregnant with new life inside of me. It will not last forever and I will determine to have a grateful heart.
Hope y'all had a great weekend and check back in for more updates and pictures on our full week ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment