Thursday, December 10, 2009

Correspondence

Tuesday night we had the Dustin Petrey's up for dinner. We always have a good time with the cousins and when Ruthie and LeeAnne left that night, Evie told me she wanted to write Ruthie a letter. I told her that was a great idea and we'd do it during her workbook time on Wednesday. Wednesday morning came and she had already selected a piece of red construction paper (because "that's Ruthie's favorite color") and a "little green marker." Evie then dictated to me what she wanted to write so I could write it down for her on a different sheet of paper. She then proceeded to write the letter using mine as a guide. I was told, "I'm exhausted," halfway through the letter (Oh, the histrionics!) and we decided to finish it up today. She could hardly wait to finish her letter and finish she did! She then cut off the excess at the bottom, folded it, taped it up, and put a "stamp" on it for when we put it in Ruthie's mailbox this afternoon. Little Eves was sooo proud of herself and so was I! It's so amazing to see your little ones putting all the stuff you've been teaching them together. I am so blessed to be able to watch this and experience it the moment it happens! Oh, and just in case you wanted to know what the letter said:

To Ruthie,

Thank you for the pony picture that you gave me. Ruthie, dear, I do love you. I am glad that you are my friend.

Love, Evie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEET, just like her! Love that little gal!!!

Grandmama