This year was the "Columbia Thanksgiving" year so on Wednesday afternoon we headed down to the great state of South Carolina to spend time with my side of the family. We did a good bit and didn't get pictures of it all but here are some for your enjoyment...
PaPa reading to his three grandkids. We spend Wed and Thurs night with Dad and Brenda and then the remaining time at Mom's. To say it's a whirlwind trip whenever we go to Columbia about sums it up. :) Thursday night we had a big dinner at my Aunt Ann's house with all the McDonald (mom's) side of the family. It was so good to see everyone and meet our new 2nd cousin, Ann Nelson. Oh, and the food was to die for as usual!
Nice and sweaty and smelly! I tell you what, I always look forward to runs with my brother. It is such a blessing to have this to share with each other. Love you, bro!
Friday night Mom treated us to the lights at Riverbanks Zoo. It was WONDERFUL and the girls really enjoyed calling out what animal all the different lights were. Ward was tired but mesmerized. He even learned how to say what an elephant and a bear say. I'll have to get video soon... 

The girls loved the big Christmas tree and light show set to music.
The last stop was the barn where we got to see a gobbler sleeping. He did wake up and show us his face and lungs. The children had the most fun at this stop. We'll have a farm one day, mark our words!Saturday was great watching South Carolina, App State, and NC State win. We then went over to Grayson's house where he and Jessica had set up the fire pit for us to roast hot dogs and marshmallows for S'mores. Yummy! The rest of our time in Cola town was nice but we are glad to be home and settling back into our normal routine. It is always nice to see family and see family we did. :) Hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
I thoroughly enjoyed being with all of you!! I treasure every minute I have with my "babies"!!! Love you all! Mom/MeMe
Post a Comment