Friday, March 13, 2009

Franny's House of Style

This week I have been privileged enough to meet with two ladies in this area that have much wisdom to share. In discussing family finances they have both encouraged me to be creative. I have been thinking for some time now that I could trim the girls' hair and that would save a little here and there. I wanted to get them capes but just really haven't had a chance to go to the beauty supply store and get them. Don't fret, though, as I had an epiphany yesterday...why not let them decorate a trash bag, cut a hole in the top for their little heads, and call it a "salon cape?" It went over really well and the girls had fun decorating their own capes. Evie went first with the trimming and it went really well. She, of course, enjoyed it and made sure to be a "good example" for Mary Fran. MF decided she didn't want to wear the cape and was scared of the scissors but a very helpful Eves distracted her and she liked the outcome. :)
I have to tell you that both haircuts ended up being a little shorter than these pictures as I found places that weren't too even especially with Mary Fran's double crown. (Don't worry, Daddy, they still have lots of hair.) In the end, I saved us $10 today which doesn't seem like much. However, $10 six times a year is $60 and comes to close to $200 saved in 3 years! Here's to being creative!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job, Fran! I am inspired to cut the hair at my house - we will have to see about that though - my first try was a failure!
Great job!

Anna Morrison said...

I'm proud of you! I cut my kid's hair and it has to save us a bunch. It is never perfect, but it works! Way to be thoughtful and creative!