"Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
This past Sunday in our Fellowship's time for testimony, I shared how I praised the Lord for His constant provision. Psalm 62:1 says, "My soul finds rest in God alone" and I was reminded last week that my soul was not restful because I was not resting in Him but looking solely on my circumstances. You see, I can have faith that He'll move mountains, that He'll save those who seem unsaveable, and that He still does miracles. However, I struggle to have faith when it comes to monetary issues in my own life.
Drew and I have just finished building a house and had one last bill come in. We had used all of our construction loan money and didn't have the money readily available to pay this bill. We know this contractor personally and felt confident he would let us make payments but we understand he has a family to feed as well. We desired to pay him in full and made a conscious decision to pray and trust that the Lord would work it out. He did.
After church on Sunday, a check was given to us anonymously through our church to cover the entire bill. Even now I can't find the words that seem appropriate to express our gratitude and thanksgiving to the Lord. He provided perfectly for our need when we didn't deserve it. What is more, this perfectly illustrates our church body ministering to each other. Someone was listening to what the Lord was saying to them and He used that person(s) to bless us and demonstrate His power and provision once again. Drew and I are eternally grateful.
"I will extol You, My God, O King; and I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forver and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:1-3
No comments:
Post a Comment