Friday, August 24, 2012

The Last and The First

Yesterday was Evie's last horse riding lesson and Mary Fran's first.  That's right, MF asked for horse riding lessons for her birthday and Pa Pa obliged.  Mary Fran told me she wanted to take lessons but I wasn't sure if it was just a passing whim.  After asking over the course of a few weeks and making sure she would at least pet Adarra (the horse Evie was riding), we went on with it.  
 As I said, yesterday was Evie's last lesson and I didn't get many pictures as they went on a trail ride.  She came back riding side saddle just as any good lady would do!
 Sweet Mary Frances told me a couple of times that she was nervous during Evie's lesson but that she was still wanting to go ahead with it.  We walked into the corral hand in hand and then she went straight for Miss Ashley and got her helmet on.  All smiles!!
 During MF's lesson Evie mucked out the stall and corral and brushed down Adarra by herself.  She LOVED it!
 Mary Fran cleaning out Aspen's hooves with no fear.
 Evie needed a little help getting Adarra to put up her leg.
 Warming up Mr. Aspen and...
 ...holding his lead all by herself.
 Touching her toes in the saddle 
 Standing in the stirrups!
 Thoroughly enjoying herself!
 Our natural cowgirl
At the end of MF's lesson, Cade and Evie had a chance to ride Aspen (Ward was on a "date" with Grandmama).  Cade never hesitated. 
His "smile"
The next post is full of the 11 videos I took during MF's lesson.  That's right 11.  I was just so very proud of little Mary Fran because, as many of you know, she can be quite timid.  However, she did so well and showed us just how far she has come and how brave she can be.  So, sit back and enjoy the many shows in the next post!

No comments: