This past Saturday we had the big birthday party for all the younguns. The destination this year was Brookshire Park in Boone which has a wonderful covered area with a grill, nice quarter mile paved loop, and great grass/field area. We, of course, brought the children's bikes and this is how Cade arrived.
Yeah, this is how he rolls.
Grandmama and Aunt Molly brought a pinata for the kids and we needed a nice, big stick to crack it open. Uncle Grayson and Ward accepted the challenge.
Mission accomplished
After a nice dinner of hamburgers and other yummy delicacies it was time for cake and presents.
With doing 4 cakes this time I let each child choose the color and then did their age (or soon to be age). Evie (7), Mary Fran (almost 6), Ward (almost 4), and Cade (2)
If you think it looks strange because there's no "flicker" on the candles, you're not crazy. We had a nice breeze that made the lighting of said candles a little difficult. We improvised...
Yes, I know Drew is quite dark in this picture but I just loved all the kid's facial expressions. :)
"Thank you, Aunt Molly!"
Cade's favorite cousin, "Ju Ju"
Mommy and Daddy gave Cade a kickball in green, his favorite color
Ward's present from the 'rents was a baseball and glove.
Many cards with a little dough
Nice catch!!
Eves' turn!
Yes, that's a Whoopee cushion from the lovely and well-mannered Aunt Molly. We've had quite the fun with it already.
Mr. Cade modeling the talking tool belt and John Deere hat he received along with one of the game pieces from his new game, "Flickin' Chicken." You know you want one.
We had quite a fun weekend and appreciate all the family that came. Now I think I'm going to go take a nice long snooze to recover from such a great weekend... :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment