Saturday, February 18, 2012

Catching Up

Well, I decided to wait and make it officially one month since I posted (not really but it just worked out that way). I have not purposefully been negligent in posting but just busy. We're in the very busy season of having many young ones. I've heard this from several moms of 4 or more children and they're right. I often feel that I'm "in the trenches." Now, I don't mean that I'm fighting a war but it's just what some would term "grunt work," hard but very necessary work. As I said before, though, it's just season and if the work is done well now it will pay unimaginable dividends in the future.

And now off the rabbit trail...we've been busy and had lots of fun. Here are a few highlights... We had one of our neighbors over one day for lunch. Lots of fun was had!
Drew decided to shave off his beard and Evie, as usual, wanted to help.

Ward got a hold of the autographed ASU helmet Grandmama has and tried it on for size. It was quite heavy and he needed a little help holding it (and his head) up. :)

Evie and Mary Fran have reading charts and when Evie got to 75 books she, Mary Fran, and Ward could have a "camp out." What that translated into was sleeping on their bedrooms floors in their sleeping bags. Cade was feeling a little left out the next morning, so Ward brought his sleeping bag out to the den so he and his brother could hang out.




Last night we had "Family Fun Night." We are reading a series of books the kids got for Christmas and the family in there had a "Family Fun Night." Basically, they ate junk food for dinner and then play some games as a family. Of course, our kids wanted one and we decided Friday night would be a good night. MF and Ward were in charge of the menu and decided on Gouda cheese baked in crescent rolls with strawberry jam on top (served with crackers) and homemade pizza pockets. And if we weren't carbed out by that point we had (indoor) s'mores using the "S'mores kit" Aunt Molly gave the kids for Valentine's. Yummy!!


Evie was in charge of the games and so we played hide and go seek in the dark, "Daddy playing banjo while the kids dance and you had to stop when he stopped the music or you'd be out," and a family tickle wrestle on Daddy and Mommy's bed. Cade got in on the dancing as you see in the video above.


Overall, we're all doing very well and hoping for some snow! Apologies again for the lapse in posting and I will try to be more diligent!

No comments: