Monday, June 27, 2011

Saturday at the Pond

Saturday Drew had the great idea of packing a picnic dinner and going up to a park and do a little fishing with the Dustin Petrey's. We went up to one of the local parks in Ashe County and had a wonderful evening!


An arrival shot. They're excited!!!
Evie said I couldn't be left out

After a delicious meal we got ready to head down to the pond when a group of ducks came a waddlin' up to see if we had any scraps for them. Daphne obliged and the kids had a great time seeing them eat!


Shank of the eveningHow could we not have a good time with this kind of scenery?






Wouldn't you know that Mary Fran was the first to get a bite?!? She helped reel him in, well, sort of.


MF wasn't too keen on standing next to the fish at this point so Daddy got his picture with him.

Ruthie was sure proud of hers (her Daddy was, too!).


Wardy got the next nibble and was holdin' her steady while Daddy got the line untangled from some brush.


He was fascinated...and proud.


I think LeeAnne jumped in and caught this one with her teeth. If you know LeeAnne, you know this could have been a possibility. :)


Evie had gotten a tug on her line earlier but that one got away while she was reeling it in. This one didn't!


I think this was one of Ruthie's. I'm not sure because Ward, Cade, and I had gone to the car before this shot. Ward's lungs had decided to start closing up again, so I took him to the car to get PJ's on and rest while they finished up. Bless his heart, the last couple of times he's had a flare up he hasn't shown cold signs until AFTER he starts with the tight cough. Before, we could see his nose running and try to get on top of it. He's doing much better now, praise the Lord. Plan of action now: beef up his immune system to try to keep colds at bay. Anywho...


You know we can't go without the "Evie Self Portrait," now can we?


I have to say that I LOVE the lazy summer evenings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics!! Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there! We'll have to go sometime when I'm there. :>) Love to all! Love, MeMe

Anonymous said...

First. Sniffles. They're all growing up...

Second. I'm so proud of Evie, my heart rests at ease knowing the "self-portrait" will carry on to the next generation.

~Molly