Sunday, February 8, 2009

Precious Moments


This morning we had a precious moment. Drew has been gone this weekend playing golf down at Pinehurst with his dad, brother, uncles, and cousin (it's an incredible deal!). Anywho, it's just been the kiddos and me and we've had quite a good time. This morning I was laying in bed with Ward after I had nursed him. I hear the "click" of the girl's door and know one of them, probably Evie, was going to venture across. Sure enough it was the wee Eves and I invited her to get in the bed with me. A few minutes later I hear the shuffling of little feet and Mary Fran appears at the side of our bed. Pretty soon the four of us are all laying in the bed snuggled up together...Ward, Evie, MF, and me. It dawned on me once again that we were experiencing a precious moment. In that precious moment I am able to capture our children's hearts because they are seeing that there is nowhere I would rather be than with them.

"Oh, Lord, help me to see those precious moments and revel in them. Allow me to hold onto our children's hearts so that they will see Your love through me."

No comments: