Thursday, December 18, 2008

Behold the Lamb of God

Last night Drew and I and three other couples went down to Mecklenburg Community Church in Charlotte to hear Andrew Peterson on his Behold the Lamb of God tour. He and several other artists have been doing this tour at Christmastime for 11 years now and recorded the songs on CD about 5 years ago (I think). Some of the artists there included Bebo Norman, Andy Gullahorn and Jill Phillips, and Andrew Osenga. Drew and I went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We both really like each of these artists' music individually as they are songwriters as well who don't just write "fluff." The music they write is deep and moving and they truly know that it's not about them but about using the gifts God has given them to spread the Gospel.
Drew and I own Andrew Peterson's "Behold the Lamb of God" CD and I would say that if you haven't heard it you need to. It is a telling of the entire story of Jesus's coming. His songs start in the Old Testament and show how all of the earth, Israel in particular, were anxiously awaiting and longing for the coming of the Messiah. The way he puts this into song has allowed me to understand even more the miracle of His coming.
The way the show goes is the first hour all of the artists come up (in a quite unassuming manner) and perform one song each twice (if that makes any sense) and dialogue some as well which is really interesting to see how real they are and quite funny, too. There is an intermission and then they play the whole album through. I was moved again last night at the miracle of my Savior's birth. I was reminded again that it is not about me or my happiness but about Him and His glory and renown.
We tend to get so busy this time of year and caught up in the decorating, baking, gift giving, party going/hosting, which are all good things, but we can just run right by the Miracle of this season. I was reminded again last night of the glory of the Lord, His love for me and for all of his creation, and His sacrifice. I hope you will be able to slow down and revel in His love and mercy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great show, great post darlin!!