I'm baaaack! Yes, I know it's been since January since I wrote. We had another miscarriage then and it's taken me until now to really feel back to myself. Apologies...
On a happier note, we started back to school a couple of weeks ago. The children were excited and so was I. We decided to go with My Father's World this year and are doing "Exploring Countries and Cultures." It's really great as we needed more structure and it makes my life a lot easier and our homeschool runs so much smoother now. Anywho, these first two weeks we've been studying the "World" and general map knowledge, etc. One of the fun things was to make a cake and ice it as a map of the world. Here's our creation...
I misjudged the amount of icing needed for the oceans and it was spread a little thin, hence the cake crumbs littered about. The kiddos were great and said, "Those can be coral reefs!" We've learned to roll with things around here!
So proud!
We'll be baking an apple pie tomorrow after reading a certain recommended book. Excited and a little nervous about it. You see, while I do love to bake, I've never made an apple pie and I'm really wanting it to, you know, not fail. We'll see how it goes!
Oh, and did I mention football season starts in 6 days? It does. I'm slightly pumped. All I can say is, GO COCKS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment