Tuesday, July 20, 2010

36, Now 37 Week Update

Well, that whole "I'll update tomorrow or Wednesday on the pregnancy" statement turned into a week long thing. We are in the middle of refinancing our home to go from an adjustable rate mortgage to a fixed rate as we've decided to stay in this house more than 5-10 years. Well, it all came together last week and I was busy getting documents collected, copied, and sent off as well as getting stuff ready for Cade's arrival and everything else that normally occurs in this house everyday. It was a busy week, let me tell you.
Nonetheless, we are still going strong here but I now have a 37 and not a 36 week update. I was going to try to get a profile shot but just haven't yet (mostly because I forget to ask Drew to take one at night). Without further ado, here you go:
  • Last week at my appointment everything looked good. Cade measured 36-36 1/2 cm which is about right for him. I was dilated a fingertip and although he is still head down, his head was not engaged yet. I was pretty surprised seeing as I have been having a lot of pressure and more Braxton-Hicks. Guess it just means he'll come when he comes and making guesses or predictions is foolish! :)
  • I'm continuing to walk for about an hour 5 days a week. I rather enjoy it because I see more people in our neighborhood (or at least their houses seeing as it's early) than I normally do running as I take a different route. I do miss running, though. There have been several instances recently where I've seen runners out and about and really wanted to join in for a few miles. It'll come, though, it'll come.
  • Moving around is quite a chore and quite comical if you ask me. This is the first pregnancy that I've had trouble getting up from the couch or a chair. Cade is completely in my lap and seeing as how I have pretty short legs there's not much leverage there. Also, poor Mary Fran has been knocked in the head on more than one occasion by my protruding belly because, well, she's just right at that level! She says she doesn't mind, though, as flashes me that sweet little smile of hers.
  • Ward's scrapbook is done except for one picture of his maternal grandfather and the page protectors. That's a load off! Cade's clothes were put on hangers last night and hung up and put away this morning. We will be in the hospital 48 hours because I'm Group B Strep positive this time so his outfits will be these: App State long sleeved tee on day 1 and Gamecocks jersey for day 2 and going home. We start 'em off right here!
  • My bag is in the process of being packed. Most of it, honestly, can be done when I go into labor as it's not like labor only takes a few minutes. I know what I want to pack in my head, don't you know? ;)
  • Everyday, at least once a day, from at least one of the girls I hear, "When's Cade going to be here?" or "I want to meet my little brother." They are ready and I think Ward is, too. It's so wonderful to know that our children are excited and not apprehensive about having another one here in the house. In fact, Evie and Mary Fran have told me individually that they want more brothers and sisters. We'll take it one at a time. :)
  • I'm feeling good other than just the normal fatigue. I am thankful, though, because I sense the Lord preparing me for a new "baseline" as we move into the "4 kids 5 and under" stage. It is going to be intense and at times challenging, we know, but we know it is worth it and we have completely chosen this and are fine with it. However, there is always a "reality" that sets in at any point in having children and I'm grateful for a little glimpse into it now.
  • Please pray for continued strength and good rest for both Drew and I. Drew has been working quite hard for the last several weeks and it can really wear on him. We are thankful for the business and know it will be worth it in the end. Also, please pray for an uncomplicated rest of pregnancy, labor, and delivery. We know these things are not just a given.

I'll try to get a picture or two up soon but won't set myself up for failure by mentioning a time frame. :) We'll let you know of any changes as soon as they occur!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is getting so close!! I can't wait to see precious little Cade! It will be fun to see Ward's reation to him! Busy, busy, busy!! Take care of yourself and get LOTS OF REST!!! I love all of you! MeMe/Mom